If you are aware of any events that may be of interest to Bold Legal Group members, you are welcome to submit details of the event to us. Please note that events are published at our discretion and we reserve the right not to publicise the events unless submitted by sponsors or affiliate members.
Jackson Lees Webinar – Transfers of Equity – Right First Time
August 31 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Home ownership, especially today, arises in many guises. More, now than ever, homes are passing to individuals away from the normal sale & purchase process; through inheritance, after divorce or separation, or by gift. Collectively such matters are known as Transfers of Equity. The basic conveyancing principles are the same but there are other factors that need to be considered to ensure that the conveyancer gets it right first time especially when looking to protect your client and to secure your lender’s mortgage. What you will learn In this webinar, John Jones will cover the following:
• Transfers of Equity arising from death, divorce or separation, gift or through financial planning
• Lender requirements
• Potential Conflict of Interest?
• Need for Independent Legal Advice
• Wording of the Transfer
• Stamp Duty Land Tax implications
• Are such Transfers always at an ‘undervalue’?
• Need or not for gift/undervalue indemnity insurance
• Land Registry issues and requirements