A commitment to limit all new lease rent levels to a peppercorn amount. Leasehold houses (with a few exceptions) will be banned – the number of new-build registered leasehold homes has dropped to 3% since the plan to ban was announced. Freeholders and landlords will both have to be signed up to redress schemes.
- Government pledges to beef up anti-money laundering elements of new Bill (EAT) July 19, 2019
- Reforming Stamp Duty changes will help market – but it is just the start (PIE) July 19, 2019
- Society updates best-practice guide for conveyancers (LSG) July 19, 2019
- New era of regulation for entire industry begins today as qualifications become a must (PIE) July 18, 2019
- Revolution proposed for agents’ regulation, licensing and training (EAT) July 18, 2019