A commitment to limit all new lease rent levels to a peppercorn amount. Leasehold houses (with a few exceptions) will be banned – the number of new-build registered leasehold homes has dropped to 3% since the plan to ban was announced. Freeholders and landlords will both have to be signed up to redress schemes.
- Referral Fees and Modern Method of Auction subject to new TPO rules (EAT) May 24, 2019
- Erring solicitors cost profession £18.1m in compensation (LSG) May 24, 2019
- Solicitor and Legal Trainer latest appointment for prop tech Gazeal (IC) May 23, 2019
- Lawyers urged to crack down on money laundering before governments intervene (LSG) May 23, 2019
- Home buyer wins case against surveyor who failed to spot Japanese knotweed (PIE) May 22, 2019