BLG members are provided with their own Certificate of Membership which they can submit when they arrange their PII cover.
They can also use the Certificate when applying for, or renewing their lender panel memberships. This will ensure that brokers / underwriters / insurers and lenders know that they take the monitoring and following of all relevant legal issues seriously.
Being a member of the BLG will also mean that you (and your colleagues) are, amongst other things are:
- notified, within 24 hours of all new SRA Fraud/Scam Alerts, and all new Law Society Practice Notes.
- kept fully up to date with the development and progress of new initiatives like Lender Exchange and the new Law Society Conveyancing Portal.
- entitled to attend free CPD seminars/roadshows.
- sent summaries and action points relating to recent important judgements such as the recent Santander v R A Legal case.
- able to ask questions and get responses from some of the countries biggest lenders including, Santander and Lloyds Banking Group.
- able to ask any conveyancing related question that other BLG members will answer and comment on. Recent topics have included;
- Chancel Repair Liability
- The possible reduction in the amount of PII cover required
- The Privatisation of the Land Registry
- The Legal Ombudsman
- Rated and Unrated Insurers
- Legal Comparison Websites
- in a position to monitor the development and growth of your new competitors be they traditional law firms or new Alternative Business Structures.
- able to access the best priced legal services and products from companies like; Oyez; Landmark; Conveyancing Liability Solutions; Search Acumen; LegallyBetter; Legal Eye; Financial Eye and many others.