Lenders, PII companies and legal regulators like firms to be members of the BLG. They appreciate that those firms will be kept fully up to date with all important issues that affect conveyancers. The regular BLG bulletins are an invaluable source of information and knowledge.
Coal face conveyancers rarely have the time to keep track of all of the issues that are likely to affect them and the way they carry out their work. The BLG, in effect, acts as their ‘eyes and ears’ on a 24/7 basis.
Being a member of the BLG will also mean that you (and your colleagues), amongst other things are:
- quickly notified, of all new SRA Fraud/Scam Alerts, and all new Law Society Practice Notes.
- kept fully up to date with the development and progress of new initiatives like improvements to the Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Government’s intention to improve the way home buying and selling is carried out.
- entitled to attend free CPD/ongoing training seminars/roadshows.
- sent summaries and action points relating to recent important judgements such as the recent Dreamvar and Brabners cases.
- able to ask questions and get responses from some of the country’s biggest lenders including, Santander and Lloyds Banking Group.
- able to access the best priced legal services and products from companies like; Oyez; Groundsure; Redbrick; Searchflow; InfoTrack and many others.
- able to ask any conveyancing related question that other BLG members will answer and comment on.
Recent BLG bulletin topics have included:
- Insurance Distribution Directive
- The doubling of rents issue
- Help to Buy ISA bonuses
- Frauds and scams
- The Housing Act 1988
- SDLT changes
- New legal comparison websites